Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bookshelf ABC - Z

The Zombie Survival Guide makes a great gift for a pre-teen or young teen boy. My oldest received it for his fourteenth birthday and pored through this manual, reading and re-reading portions to ensure adequate preparation should the unthinkable happen. Boys obsess over the potential hordes of undead that may or may not show up in their front yard unexpected by their parents. I for one am comforted to know that my son will know what to do. I, on the other hand, will run screaming, which will not help the cause.


Shew! I made it to the end of the April A to Z Blog Challenge. Another year in the books. But before you scurry off to celebrate (or ward off zombies) take a moment to post a comment about a Z title you have loved.

5 comments:

William Kendall said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge, Lucy!

I'm drawing a blank on a z title...

Unknown said...

My Z book is Zimbabwe Bound by Larita Killian, she is a friend of my husband. This is the story of Anna Rouch Mackenzie, Larits's aunt, and is written from letters Larita found in an old trunk. A well written book about Anna's journey from Chicago to marry a South African farmer, who she had only met through a seven-year correspondence. There is a lot more to this book and well worth the read.

I must say that I have enjoyed this books from A to Z and I lonely wish I had gotten in on it from the start. It has been fun, thank you Lucy.

Jo said...

I can think of a film called Zulu, maybe that was taken from a book. Otherwise, I too draw a blank.

Great work getting to the end Lucy.

Michelle said...

Zemindar by Valerie Fitzgerald. Love it! I found it at a garage sale about 20 years ago and have read it three times since. As an avid book reader, that says a lot!

Sherry Ellis said...

I have to get the Zombie Survival Guide. I live in Zombie Land, Georgia - right where Walking Dead is filmed.