Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Bookshelf ABC - E

Eat, Love, Pray, it seems like a cliche to list this book in my April A to Z alphabetical bookshelf. After all of the hype and the movie, who hasn't read it, right? But, still. Put it on your bookshelf.

Some friends at work gave it to me as a going away gift during a huge turning point in my life. I was leaving a job that I was conflicted about to embark on uncertainty. Though I wasn't going on a grand adventure in the fashion of Elizabeth Gilbert and I'm not into meditation, I did relate to the low point in her life that catapulted her on a year of discovery. And I related to her as a writer.

Eat, Love, Pray is for every person who wonders if her path in life can change.


Now, scan your bookshelf for the best book you know with a title that starts with E. Please type it into the comments. Selfishly, I'm trying to build my reading list, too.

3 comments:

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I really enjoyed this book but did not see the movie because I couldn't visualize Julia Roberts as the main character. Helen Hunt would've been better! Book beginning with E? Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

William Kendall said...

Admittedly, I have not read that one.

There's Eragon.

Jo said...

Enquiry by Dick Francis - I love his books. They are not new books of course, but excellent stories.

I also thought of Eragon.