Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Bookshelf ABC - Q


Q & A a Day: A five year journey is a book you write yourself. My mother gave me mine as a Christmas gift in 2012. I began logging entries on January 1, 2013. Every page has writing prompt and enough space to write about 200 characters, depending on the size of your lettering. Sometimes I answer the questions, often I ignore them and write down what was significant about the day. Now that I'm in my second year, I like looking back at what I wrote in 2013.

A lot happens in a day. This book provides a quick and easy way to keep track of five years of days. The limited space keeps me from self-indulgent rambling and forces me to pin down what was most important about my day.

 
What Q titles have you read or written?


6 comments:

William Kendall said...

It's a good way to look back on who you were years in the past, actually, and a creative exercise.

I'd be stumped trying to recall a Q book.

Unknown said...

There were several books with the title of The Quick and the Dead, from a Loius L'Amour western to WWII, I have not read any of these and none sounded very interesting to me, but they are Q books.

kate powell said...

Such a cool book idea. Love it! And am enjoying your blog, from Mr Aewl . . .

Jo said...

I would never keep it up. I think blogging, for me, is kind of keeping daily track.

Query, by Dick Francis.

M.C.V. EGAN said...

I confess, I was going to cheat and look up a Q book, but then I remembered a book I read years ago! Of course cheaters never prosper so I could not find it! It was QE something and it was the courtroom in the UK where a man was suing for liable for his reputation, turned out he was a war criminal and was awarded all of 2 pence or less because that was what his name was worth, very good book and I cannot find it but I know it is a Q ... it is driving me nuts I can see the cover in my minds eye and I read it in the mid 80's OH well...#AtoZchallenge ☮Peace ☮ ღ ONE ℒℴνℯ ღ ☼ Light ☼ visiting from http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

Jo said...

M.C.V. Egan, you are referring to QB VII which I had forgotten about until today, it was written by Leon Uris and someone else blogged about it as their Q post.