Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Bookshelf ABC - L

The Little Friend by Donna Tartt is mesmerizing. Fans of southern literature will love it. In the book, a young girl and her friend determine to identify the person who killed her older brother when she was just a baby. The humorous logic of children juxtaposed against a family's screen of grief, characters who pose danger and a decaying southern way of life create a spellbinding novel.

The cover of the novel disturbed me, though, and I had to keep it turned face down on my nightstand.


After the April A to Z challenge, I'll make a final list of all the Bookshelf ABC titles I've posted plus the ones suggested by readers. What L title would you like to add?

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

I can see why you'd want to turn it over! Creepy eyes.

let's see, Little Women, Last Of the Mohicans...

Tara Tyler R said...

that cover is "chucky" creepy... ah!
enjoying your take on these books!
happy L day!

Michelle said...

This is my daughter's favorite book!

There was an error in this gadget