Search This Blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Bookshelf ABC - L

The Little Friend by Donna Tartt is mesmerizing. Fans of southern literature will love it. In the book, a young girl and her friend determine to identify the person who killed her older brother when she was just a baby. The humorous logic of children juxtaposed against a family's screen of grief, characters who pose danger and a decaying southern way of life create a spellbinding novel.

The cover of the novel disturbed me, though, and I had to keep it turned face down on my nightstand.


After the April A to Z challenge, I'll make a final list of all the Bookshelf ABC titles I've posted plus the ones suggested by readers. What L title would you like to add?

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

I can see why you'd want to turn it over! Creepy eyes.

let's see, Little Women, Last Of the Mohicans...

Tara Tyler said...

that cover is "chucky" creepy... ah!
enjoying your take on these books!
happy L day!

Michelle said...

This is my daughter's favorite book!