Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2014

Bookshelf ABC - P

The Pearl was on my school's reading list when I was in 7th, 8th and 9th grades. We were assigned by our English teacher to choose a book to read independently and write a book report. In those idealistic days of youth, I chose to read The Pearl because it was short. Very short. I could knock out 96 pages, write the report and get on with adolescent dawdling.

I was such a stupid kid. John Steinbeck plunges the reader to the depths of the ocean and the human soul. By the time I finished the book, I could taste the salt of sea and tears. That was an inspired book report I turned in!


Please me by leaving a P title that wowed you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how I love Steinbeck!!! I have read almost all of his books but I am not sure that I have read The Pearl, I will add that to my list. I can't think of any P books though, The Red Pony, but that is an R book, so I will save that one. :-)

Jo said...

Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen. A great book. Only read Grapes of Wrath.

William Kendall said...

I'm with Jo. Pride and Prejudice.

I.L. Wolf said...

Sometimes we're even more clever than we think we are :)

http://bit2read.com/