Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Bookshelf ABC - F

Fahrenheit 451, by the master of science fiction, Ray Bradbury, is a throwback classic. I gave it to my oldest son to read last summer. He never opened it. When will accept that anything I suggest to my children will be automatically rejected? One would think I'd be more savvy by now.

In summary, this book is about the unthinkable prospect of the extinction of the book and the rise of the television as the predominant form of entertainment. Who says science fiction is stranger than real life?


Wow me with your own suggested F title.

4 comments:

Lu said...

Technically no an F - but The Fault In Our Stars is a book I read recently and really enjoyed. x Great Post xxx

http://gettingupagainforthe8thtime.blogspot.co.uk/

William Kendall said...

It's been years since I've read that one.

There's For Love Of The Game, by Michael Shaara.

Jo said...

Always loved Ray Bradbury. I think many of the sci fi books of that time have come true today.

Back to Dick Francis again, Forfeit.

Michelle said...

The Far Pavilions. Just re-read it and still love it!