Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2014

Bookshelf ABC - V

V for Vendetta, a graphic novel upon which the movie of the same title was based, begins with my birthday anthem: Remember, remember the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot. The vigilante hero in this novel fashions himself as a futuristic Guy Fawkes fighting a battle against an oppressive government. If you're not into graphic novels, I recommend the movie instead.



It is very important that you do not leave this blog post before putting in a vote for your favorite V book.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am an avid bird watcher (birder). Lucy, the last time I was with your parents your dad kept asking me, "What is the point of birding?" Well my V book might answer his question, The Verb "To Bird" by Peter Cashwell. An amusing and informative book about why we run around looking up in the sky and running into things, rather like fox hunting. :-)

William Kendall said...

RL Stevenson's the Vagabond comes to mind.

I have read the graphic novel.