Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bookshelf ABC - M


Memoirs of a Longshot retells the wonderful life of Cot Campbell, owner of the 2013 Belmont Stakes winner, Palace Malice. With grace and humor and honesty, Campbell shares the lows of alcoholism and the highs of Thoroughbred racing and the people and places he has known on his journey.

 

I had the good fortune of interviewing the illustrious Cot Campbell last Fall for an article I wrote for Aiken Homes and Lifestyles. He was generous with his time and incredibly entertaining.


Share an mmm-mmmm good M title with me, please, especially if you have a personal story behind it.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Very cool! I don't follow horse racing, so I wouldn't have known the name.

There's the Magician's Nephew, from the Narnia series. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.

Jo said...

William got those two in before I could. Moonraker's Bride, now I will have to check the author. Madeline Brent.