Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Review


Not for Your Everyday Genius

By Lucy Adams from Thomson, GA on 4/10/2011

 

5out of 5

What I really, really like about this game:
* The name. I can say it in front of my mother and not get southern daughter guilt for it.
* No board. No dice. No game pieces to keep up with.
* Unlike other trivia games, this one has clues. Eventually, after enough clues, someone is going to know the answer.
* The trivia questions, unlike those in other trivia games, can be answered by the average human. How many times have I played trivia with my family and grown bored because all of the questions are too ridiculously difficult for anyone to answer?
* This game made me feel smart.

What I don't like about this game:
* The name. My children tortured me by reading it off of the lid over and over again just to tweak me.
* It's for ages 12 and up, but I don't think anyone under the age of about 25 could answer many of the questions, even with clues. That of course is only my opinion and I could be wrong.
* This set is probably better as a booster pack for the Smart [Donkey's Pah-toot] board game. You can't play over and over again with just this set because it's too easy to memorize all of the questions and answers after going through them one time.

I played with my parents, husband, brother, sister-in-law and a friend. The rules were easy. Nonetheless, we found plenty of issues to disagree on, such as whether or not a person had to say the exact words "fish tank" or if saying "aquarium" or "fish bowl" was enough. So we had a terrific evening.

Smart [Donkey's Pah-toot] Game.wmv

Tags: Trivia, Product, Game night, Party game, Party, Game, Review

(legalese)

1 comment:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I found this most interesting to read. Always good to read about somthing new.

Yvonne.