Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dude! You Should Totally Hire Me

My husband works for a leading on-line job board and candidate recruitment service. Routinely, he reads job copy, resumes and cover letters that range from stellar to pitiful to I-can't-believe-you-put-that-in-writing-to-a-potential-employer. Today, he forwarded me a brief cover letter from the latter category.

It isn't the awkward opening sentence paired with later touting of his excellent communication skills that raises eyebrows. I think employers may overlook that inconsistency. He proves himself a winner in the rat race by what he claims he's doing on the side:

I'm currently a business student at Kent State University that is ready to begin my business career. I'm highly motivated and driven to succeed and will not let anything stop me from doing just that. I already have a good bit of knowledge about led lights because I'm currently studying Medical Marijuana on the side. I'm great with people and know how to make people believe in what I'm telling them. I have great communication skills and connect with people of all ages on a personal level.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

There's classic face palm material, right there.