Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mayans on the Fiscal Cliff

So, one evening, my husband and I sat in the calm of the living room, enjoying a glass of wine while the children upstairs threatened to send the ceiling crashing down on us. The wine was not enough to distract us completely from the mayhem overhead, so we began delving into the lack of optimism piping into American homes over the air waves.

The election was over, so now the media needed a new topic to send our hearts racing. They hit the honeypot with threatened back-to-back disasters. First, the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar and right behind that the fiscal cliff. As we own a small business, our discussion turned to how we could capitalize on the community's fears and perhaps produce a ray of sunshine.

The next day, I penned a radio spot, which my husband recorded. It ran on our local station, WTHO, last week. Today, it's running on my blog for you. And I hope it gives you a happy glow, too:

2 comments:

Shelly said...

The world and earth are changing. That's all but it helps to be prepared for anything.

Hugs and chocolate.

William Kendall said...

Oh, that's hilarious!