Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Peas and Drumsticks

Good mothers, I always believed, feed their children a well-rounded, well-balanced diet that includes a variety of foods. I've prided myself on limiting sweets but not creating desire via complete stringent denial of sugary foods. As a mother, I make a point to stock my refrigerator and pantry with a wide range of nutritious snacks so that my children feel like they have choices.



But when I find my teenage son eating a satisfying meal of peas and a Drumstick, I'm not sure if I have achieved "good" mother status. Though I'm sure, if asked, the word "perfect" would enter into the description of this self-selected culinary delight. 

2 comments:

shelly said...

Sounds more like a pregnant woman's feast to me.

William Kendall said...

No, that doesn't qualify as a well balanced four food groups kind of meal....