Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Too Good to be True

I heard on the radio last week, from a faceless morning radio show personality, that NASA is seeking subjects to participate in a microgravity study. It pays $17,000 for three months of work.



What is the work, you ask? What must the human lab rat do to earn his feed? Stay in bed for 90 days.



That's it. Rest and relax for 90 straight days. And as busy as the last 30 days have been (and no one is paying me for carting kids around, doing their laundry, preparing meals, clapping proudly at a hundred different end-of-year programs and recitals, or doing the wave at little league baseball games), I think I could tolerate getting paid to put my feet up for awhile.



If researchers want to examine me flipping through a magazine in bed, reading a backlog of books, spamming my friends with forwarded e-mails, and being an all-around good-for-nothing loafer, AND pay me for the privilege, sign me up!

No comments: